How to Delete Your Hangouts Account
If you’re ready to delete your Google Hangouts account, there are two different options available to you depending on how old your account is and if you want to remove all of the information in it.
To begin, you’ll need to visit the Google Account Settings page and log in using your username and password.
Once you’re on the Accounts Overview page, scroll down until you see the Delete your account or services section and click on the Delete Google+ button that appears next to Google+ Products on the page.
READ ALSO; How do you delete a picture on Evite?
Step 1: Go to Google
The first step to deleting your account is logging into Google. Log in by entering your email and password into the username and password boxes. Once you have logged in, you will be directed to the My Accounts page where you can access all of your Google products. Select Hangouts from the list on the left side of the screen. The next screen lists all of your chats; click on Manage Settings at the bottom-right corner of the page.
Step 2: Search for Hangouts
1. Click on the magnifying glass in the search bar and type Hangouts
2. This will take you to a Google homepage with links for Gmail, YouTube, Maps, Drive and Hangouts
3. Find Hangouts in this list and click it
4. This will take you to a page that has links for your personal hangout (home), groups, help and more. To delete your account, scroll down to the bottom of the page until you see Delete account next to Sign out. Click on Delete account and enter your password.
5. A pop-up window will appear confirming that if you continue, all data associated with your account will be deleted. You have 30 seconds from when this confirmation message appears before the deletion begins automatically.
Step 3: Click on the red button that says Close account
Click on the red button that says Close account. It will ask you for your password if you have a Google account login for this Gmail address and email. If you do not, you will need to check with your administrator in order to terminate this account as they can reset this password and close the account. Enter your password and click Close account.
Step 4: Confirm your decision
Be sure that you’re certain you want to delete your account before doing so. Once it’s gone, it’s gone for good. There is no option to return once you’ve confirmed deletion. If at any point in the process, you decide not to delete your account, hit Cancel and go back to Step 1.
Why should i delete my hangout?
If you’ve been on Google+ for a while, or if you’re just looking for a new social networking experience, it’s possible that your hangouts will start to feel unnecessary. Most people use google plus as their primary social media site and hangouts are included in your circle with the other Google users you know. There’s nothing wrong with this option, but if you want more customization than is offered on Google+, there are some other places that have the features you might be looking for.
In conclusion , if you no longer wish to use Google Hangouts, it’s easy and safe to delete your account. Simply log into your account and go to the Settings page. Click on the Delete your account or services link in the bottom left corner of the screen. A pop-up will then ask for your password again.