How to delete your blogger account; The best way to find an answer to any question is to search the internet, however, there are times when the answer isn’t easy to find and it may be the kind of question that not everyone wants everyone to know.
Some people have different types of blogs that they want or need to close or delete and here you will learn how you can do that yourself. The question we want to answer here is how do I delete my blogger account?
Reasons To Delete Your Blog
There are various reasons why one may want to get rid of their blog. Some bloggers find they have no time to keep up with the demands of maintaining a blog, so they take it down in order to free up their time. Others might find that their niche is no longer as profitable and decide there’s no reason for them to continue operating a blog site.
Deactivating Your Account
To deactivate your account, follow these steps:
1. Go to the Settings page by clicking on the cog icon in the top-right corner of the Dashboard menu. This is also where you’ll find Account Settings, which allows you to change any of your billing or other information.
2. Under Account settings, look for a tab called Deactivate my blog and click on it.
3. You’ll be prompted to enter your password and then click Deactivate My Account at the bottom of the screen.
4. The next screen will give you one last chance to reconsider, just in case you have any regrets about permanently deleting all your posts
5. If you’re certain that you don’t want to reactivate it, click Deactivate Account and follow through with the prompts until you see a message confirming that it has been successfully deactivated.
Deleting Your Account
In the Settings tab of your blog’s dashboard, you can find a Delete blog button. To complete the deletion process, click on this button and then click Delete my blog. WordPress will ask for confirmation of the deletion by displaying an email with a confirmation link.
Clicking on this link will take you back to your blogging dashboard where you’ll be able to confirm that yes, you want to delete your blog. Once confirmed, WordPress will contact Google Search Console (formerly known as Google Webmaster Tools) to report that your site has been deleted.
Click on the three bars in the top left hand corner and hover over Settings. Select Your Account from the drop-down menu. A new window will pop up, with a tab labeled Account. Scroll down until you see a heading for Delete my account and click on it. You will be asked if you are sure before it deletes all of your posts, friends and followers (provided you are an admin).