How To Retrieve Your Gmail Password-Google’s Gmail service boasts an estimated 1 billion users, which means there are more than a few people out there who have forgotten their Gmail password.
Fortunately, there are a few ways to reset your password without losing any of your emails. With just one click, you can easily retrieve your Gmail password and get back to using your email inbox as you normally would. Here’s how it works
Log into your account
To retrieve your password, you’ll need to log into your account. Once you’re logged in, click on the Settings gear icon in the upper right-hand corner of the page. In the drop-down menu, select Settings. On the Settings page, scroll down to the Accounts and Import section and click on the Change password link.
Enter your new password in the New password field and click on the Change Password button. Finally, type your old password in the Old password field and then click on the Verify password button. When prompted, enter your old email address that is associated with this account and then hit Continue.
Check the password recovery page
If you’ve forgotten your Gmail password, there are a few steps you can take to recover it. First, check the password recovery page. Google will ask you to enter some personal information so they can verify your identity.
Once you’ve entered the correct information, Google will send you an email with instructions on how to reset your password. If you can’t remember the password recovery page, don’t worry! We’ll show you how to find it in the next section.
Use an alternate email address
If you have forgotten your Gmail password, there are a few ways you can retrieve it. One way is to use an alternate email address that you have set up with your Gmail account. If you have not set up an alternate email address, you can use a recovery phone number or answer security questions.
Reset your password via phone call
If you’ve forgotten your Gmail password, there are a few ways you can reset it. One way is to reset your password via phone call. To do this, you’ll need to have access to the phone number associated with your account. Once you have that, go to the Google Account Recovery page and enter your phone number. Google will then send a verification code to your phone. Enter that code on the next screen, and then follow the prompts to create a new password.
Reset your password via Google prompt
If you’re logged into your Google account, you can reset your password by following these steps:
1. Go to the Google Account Recovery page.
2. Enter your email address and click Continue.
3. If you have multiple accounts associated with that email address, select the one you want to recover.
4. Click Try Another Way.
5. Follow the prompts to verify your identity and reset your password.
6. To sign in on another device or browser where you’ve turned on two-step verification, follow these steps:
1. Enter your username or email address.
2. Select Forgot password? and follow the prompts to retrieve a new temporary password for this device or browser . Once you confirm your new password, you’ll be able to log in without using two-step verification.
3. After you log in, you can update your password . For security reasons, after you update your password , you’ll need to reset it again on all devices where you turned on two-step verification.
If you can’t remember your Gmail password, there are a few ways you can go about retrieving it. The easiest way is to use the Forgot Password feature on the login page. If that doesn’t work, you can try resetting your password through Google’s Account Recovery page.
Finally, if you still can’t seem to get into your account, you may need to contact Google for more help.