If you have been using Comodo GeekBuddy and would like to delete the application from your computer, you’re in luck. This guide will show you how to remove Comodo GeekBuddy so that it doesn’t get in your way or harm your system again.
It will also tell you how to guard against other similar infections down the road so that this experience doesn’t happen again with another program in the future.
What is Comodo GeekBuddy?
Comodo GeekBuddy is a 24/7 live expert PC support service offered by Comodo. It’s designed to help you with any PC issue, whether it’s a simple question or a complex technical problem.
You can chat with a GeekBuddy expert anytime, anywhere and they’ll help you solve your issue quickly and easily. When your GeekBuddy expert fixes the problem, you don’t have to do anything at all! They’ll just send an email notifying you that everything has been taken care of.
So how do I get rid of this? The good news is that there are two ways to remove GeekBuddy from your computer either uninstalling it manually or removing the software from within your browser. To uninstall GeekBuddy manually, go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a Program and select Comodo GeekBuddy.
To remove the software from within your browser, open up Chrome and go to More Tools > Extensions > Comodo GeekBuddy then hit Remove. Click OK on the confirmation window that pops up after clicking Remove. And that’s it! Now the GeekBuddy extension will be gone from Chrome and you won’t ever see it again. Alternatively, if you’re using Firefox, head over to Add-ons > Extensions > Comodo GeekBuddy and click Remove. Remember that whichever method you choose, your GeekBuddy experience will be disabled as soon as you finish deleting the extension from your browser.
Steps to Uninstall Comodo GeekBuddy
If you’re tired of Comodo GeekBuddy constantly bugging you, here’s how to get rid of it for good. These steps will uninstall the program and remove all traces of it from your computer.
1) Open Control Panel.
2) Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
3) Select Comodo GeekBuddy and click Remove.
4) Click Yes to confirm the removal of the program.
5) Reboot your PC after removing this threat as well as other potentially unwanted programs that might be installed on your PC at this time (e.g., rogue security software).
6) Scan your PC with AdwCleaner.
7) Run RKill. exe.
8) Create a Restore Point so you can restore your system back to its previous state in case anything goes wrong.
9) Restart your PC.
10) Once restarted, run Malwarebytes to make sure there are no more threats present on your computer.
If you’re having trouble getting rid of Comodo GeekBuddy, here are a few troubleshooting tips:
- Try uninstalling it from your computer’s control panel.
- If that doesn’t work, try using a program like CCleaner to force uninstall it.
- You may also need to delete leftover files in your registry. Remember to back up your registry before you do this or run the risk of damaging Windows and causing errors on your system. To access the registry editor, type Regedit into the search bar on the start menu and press enter.
- Now, locate any entries with comodo and geekbuddy in them and delete them by highlighting them and pressing delete.
- Reboot your computer once all is deleted, then install malware detection software like Avast Antivirus to keep yourself protected from future threats.
If you’re sick of getting unwanted tech support calls from Comodo, here’s how to get rid of their GeekBuddy service for good. First, open the Windows Control Panel and uninstall the program. Next, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\ and delete the Comodo folder. Then navigate to your Startup folder and delete any files or folders with the word Comodo in them.
Finally, head over to your Registry Editor by typing regedit into the search bar in the start menu or Windows 10 taskbar search box, then navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > Comodo > GeekBuddy as well as HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > ComodoSoft
In conclusion, the process is not difficult at all. Follow the instructions and you will be able to delete Comodo GeekBuddy with ease. Just don’t forget to scan your computer after the removal just in case it left any hidden items behind.