How to Delete a Group on Signal
Signal is known as the go-to messaging app for security and privacy, but what if you want to part ways with a particular group? It’s not too hard to delete an entire Signal group if you know how! Read on to learn how to delete your Signal group easily, with just one click.
READ ALSO;How to Delete an Amazon Baby Registry
Open the App
Open the Signal app and tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen. Next, tap Settings. Scroll down and tap Advanced.
Tap Delete Account. Enter your phone number and tap Delete Account. You will receive an SMS message with a link for verification.
You must verify that you want to delete your account by tapping the link within 30 minutes. If you don’t verify it within 30 minutes, your account will not be deleted.
Tap Groups in the bottom right corner
1. Tap Groups in the bottom right corner of your main screen.
2. Select the group you want to delete.
3. Tap the group name at the top of the screen.
4. Scroll down and tap Delete Group.
5. A pop-up will appear asking if you’re sure you want to delete the group—tap Delete Group again to confirm.
Tap and hold your finger on the group name
Signal makes it easy to communicate with groups of people. But sometimes you need to delete a group. Maybe the conversation has run its course, or maybe you no longer want to be part of the group chat.
Either way, here’s how to delete a group on Signal.
1) Tap and hold your finger on the group name until Delete appears at the top of your screen.
2) Then tap Delete.
3) Your message will disappear from all conversations in that group.
4) You can rejoin the same group by tapping Add Member and entering an existing member’s phone number or email address.
The check mark icon will appear at the top of your screen
Once you have the check mark icon, simply:
1. Tap the group you want to delete in your Groups tab.
2. Tap the group’s avatar in the top-right corner of the screen.
3. Scroll down and tap Delete Group.
4. Confirm that you want to delete the group by tapping Delete Group again.
A menu will appear
If you’re no longer interested in being a part of a group chat on Signal, you can delete the group. Here’s how:
1. Open the Signal app and go to the main screen.
2. Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the app, then tap Settings.
3. Scroll down and tap Advanced, then scroll down and tap Delete group.
Tap Remove from Group
You can delete a group on Signal by tapping the Remove from Group option in the group’s settings. Doing so will remove you from the group and all of its messages will be deleted from your device.
If you’re the group’s creator, you’ll need to first transfer ownership of the group to another member before you can leave.
Tap Transfer Ownership, select the person you want to transfer ownership to, then tap Send Request. The recipient will have three days to accept or decline.
Once they accept, the group is transferred and they are the new owner.
To leave a group as an owner without transferring it to someone else, just tap Leave Group on their profile page and confirm that you want to leave it by tapping Leave Group again in the confirmation box that pops up.
In conclusion, it is possible to delete a group on signal. Doing so is easy and takes only a few minutes. To do this, go into the app and find the group chat that you want to delete. Press the three dots in the upper right corner of the screen, then select Delete Chat.